People experience an array of different addictions in life. Regardless if it is sex, shopping, gambling or drug use, here at Rogers’ Counseling Services PLLC we come form a nonjudgmental approach to get to the root of the addiction and teach therapeutic strategies to overcome the life of addiction.
More often than not, drug addictions start with experimental use of a drug in social situations. And for some people, the drug use becomes more frequent. As time passes, a person may feel the need to use more of a drug to get their desired high, and soon a person may need the drug to simply feel “good.”
Drug addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.
As an addiction counselor, I will address the symptoms of your addiction and the related areas of impaired functioning, and together we’ll structure the time and content of your ongoing recovery.
I believe that there are many paths to successful recovery that will work with your goals and desires, and ensure you can make the life changes you want to make. Contact me today for a free consultation.